All Rooms Are Club Level at Hotel 48Lex New York, a Luxury Boutique Hotel
NYC is full of luxury boutique hotels like Hotel 48Lex New York. What makes this modern Midtown hotel really special is that every room has access to the club lounge — and the club lounge is like an ongoing cocktail party.
• You don’t have to upgrade for this perk; it’s included in your rate
Hotel 48Lex New York opened in August 2011 in the Grand Central area of midtown Manhattan.
• Its name comes from its location: 48th St. and Lexington Ave.
Will You Like Hotel 48Lex New York?
The answer is probably yes if:
• You want to stay in Manhattan’s Midtown East area close to everything
• You like modern, high-tech hotels
• You seek an NYC hotel room with quintessential Manhattan views through floor-to-ceiling windows
• You like hanging out in your hotel’s lclub-level lounge, drinking cappuccino or wine
• You rely on a 24-hour gym and/or business center
• You’re traveling with your dog: Hotel 48Lex New York has a pet-friendly hotel policy
The answer is probably nope, not your style if:
• You prefer staying in a tourism hub like Times Square and the Theater District, or near Central Park, or downtown in Soho or Tribeca
• You prefer historic grand hotels to modern boutique hotels
• You prefer traditional to contemporary design and décor
• You’re like big hotels for their varied dining, kids’ activities, shops, etc.
• You like your hotel to buzz with social life into the wee hours
• You absolutely need a pool at your hotel
• You’re a smoker (the entire property is non-smoking)
Convenient Location of Hotel 48Lex New York
Hotel 48Lex New York is in the Midtown East commercial district of Manhattan, and easily accessed from LaGuardia and JFK Airports.
Cabs and buses are easy to catch on the corner, and you’re within five minutes of six subway lines’ stations.
Hotel 48Lex New York is within a 10-minute walk of:
• Grand Central Terminal
• St. Patrick’s Cathedral
• Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdale’s
• Designer shops on Fifth Avenue and 57th St.
• United Nations
• Rockefeller Center
• Radio City Music Hall
• New York Public Library
• Bryant Park
• Chrysler Building
• 47th St. Diamond District
And Hotel 48Lex New York is within a 15-minute stroll of:
• Times Square
• Theater District
• Central Park
• Empire State Building
• Bergdorf Goodman
• 24-hour Apple Store
Guest Accommodations at Hotel 48Lex New York
Hotel 48Lex New York is an airy, eye-catching, modern building. With 116 rooms, it qualifies as a boutique hotel.
• It calls its rooms “studios,” like one-room New York apartments
• Each floor in this compact high-rise has only four studios
Best Rooms at Hotel 48Lex New York
Hotel 48Lex New Yorkoffers nine types of rooms. All have a jazzy Manhattan palette of gray, black, and white, with original artworks in the room.
• The two 23rd-floor Penthouse Suites are around 750 square feet, with kitchens and plant-filled terraces framing iconic Manhattan views
• Corner suites are 435 square feet, with a separate bedroom and sitting room
• Other room configurations feature a king bed, queen bed, or two double beds
Amenities and Perks in All Rooms at Hotel 48Lex New York
• Wonderfully comfortable beds
• Floor-to-ceiling windows that open
• iPod dock, iron, large safe with laptop charger
• Kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker
• Good desk and lighting
• Plenty of space for your clothes and stuff
• Robes, slippers, and premium toiletries in the bathroom
• Minibar with New York-made snacks
• WiFi is complimentary in rooms as well as in The Lounge
Dining at Hotel 48Lex New York
Lexington Brass Bar & Grill, a modern American bistro, is the hotel’s lobby-level restaurant.
• It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus a late-night menu, and weekend brunch (with a popular DIY Bloody Mary option)
• Room service, until midnight, is from Lexington Brass